CAMERA HOUSE CATALOGUE : DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA COMPARISONS : SELL USED CAMERA GEAR.
Camera House Catalogue
- catalog: a complete list of things; usually arranged systematically; "it does not pretend to be a catalog of his achievements"
- make an itemized list or catalog of; classify; "He is cataloguing his photographic negatives"
- television camera: television equipment consisting of a lens system that focuses an image on a photosensitive mosaic that is scanned by an electron beam
- A camera is a device that records/stores images. These images may be still photographs or moving images such as videos or movies. The term camera comes from the camera obscura (Latin for "dark chamber"), an early mechanism for projecting images. The modern camera evolved from the camera obscura.
- equipment for taking photographs (usually consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other)
- A chamber or round building
- A building for human habitation, esp. one that is lived in by a family or small group of people
- contain or cover; "This box houses the gears"
- The people living in such a building; a household
- a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families; "he has a house on Cape Cod"; "she felt she had to get out of the house"
- A family or family lineage, esp. a noble or royal one; a dynasty
- firm: the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments; "he worked for a brokerage house"
The Tindall House
The Tindall House is an historic, cracker-style house built in 1892, and is considered
the oldest existing home in Palm Beach County. The house was built by George Tindall, a Georgia farmer who homesteaded on Palm Point (off Center street in Jupiter). The one-room frame house with a tin roof, measured
only 18-by-30 feet, and was built in two sections--a main living room and a kitchen house that were connected with a covered
The house was later sectioned off into a main living room, three bedrooms with stairs to the attic. A family with seven children occupied this small space. A chicken coop and an orange grove were placed near-by.
According to Jud Laird, Anna Minear's nephew, the house was sold in the 1920s to Frank J. Laird. "It was moved back from the river," he recalls, "and relocated on property owned by Frank Laird and his new son-in-law Lloyd Minear."
In 1995, Anna Minear donated the house to the Loxahatchee River Historical Museum located in Bert Reynolds's Park. On February 4, 1997, at midnight, a crew from Brownie & Sons needed two semi's, a trailer and a pay loader to load and move the house from Palm Point to the Florida History Center's location. Working all night the crew completed the relocation by 4 a.m.
The pioneer adventures of the Tindall family were significant even before they arrived in Jupiter. George W. Tindall was the son of a British preacher and an Indian chieftain's daughter. George's father, Alexander, left England and eventually settled in Narcoosi, near Kissimmee, Florida, where he married the daughter of an Indian chief.
Part of a large family, George later moved away and traveled to Meigs, Georgia and settled there as a farmer. He married and raised seven children, but in 1885, he and his wife Mary Pilcher Tindall headed for Florida.
The Tindalls loaded their large family into two covered
many privations along a narrow trail and finally, after their four month ordeal settled in Kissimmee. Five years later, looking for better opportunities, the Tindalls hit the trail again and headed southeast to Jupiter.
After other adventures including battles with hunger along the way, the Tindalls arrived in Jupiter and built a small cabin with a palmetto thatched roof and an outside kitchen until the lumber they had ordered
for their new home arrived by boat. When the Tindall House was built it stood well against the seasonal storms of Florida. However, during the severe hurricane of 1928, the roof was blown off, but the resilient structure made from Dade County pine survived with little other damage.
The arrival of the Tindall House at its new location on an elevated section of the Florida History Center, finally completes the "Historic: Triangle." Both the Lighthouse and the Tindall House, along with the DuBois House Museum at DuBois Park, create an historic triangle for the three oldest structures in Palm Beach County
The museum plans to restore the house to its turn-of-the-century look to form an exhibit that will include replicas of the kitchen house, front porch and hen house. The Loxahatchee Museum Guild raised funds to provide a restoration architect to ensure that the work done is historically accurate and is providing volunteers to identify and catalog the homes contents.
A recent find in an old trunk was a uniform dating back to the Spanish-American War and according to one volunteer dresses from the 1920s, "the kind that flappers used to wear."
Taken with my camera Nikon D5000
Jupiter, Florida, USA
Thomas Le Clear: American, 1818–1882
Interior with Portraits, 1865.
If you this one in the large size, it's like making a visit to the room.
From the catalog of the Metropolitan Museum of Art exhbition "American Stories":
"By about 1865 American artists were beginning to understand the implications of photography for the art of painting. This canvas reportedly was commissioned by the elder brother of the two children—James and Parnell Sidway—posing in the skylit studio. The paraphernalia of painting are upstaged by the photographer and his gear and the landscape is a mere prop, not an awe-inspiring view
. Yet Le Clear does not simply tell a story of photography's triumph over painting. At the time the painting was made, James Sidway, a volunteer firefighter in his mid-twenties, had recently died in a hotel fire; his older sister, Parnell, had died in adolescence, more than fifteen years earlier. Thus, Le Clear may be lauding painters who, unlike photographers, could capture more than the moment at hand, invent narrative, and even restore life to individuals who had passed."
Similar posts: kata camera bags how to select a good digital camera buy canon 500d camera nikon d50 slr digital camera nikon coolpix p100 digital camera review compact camera wide angle watch video hidden camera canon t1i digital slr camera best dslr camera for beginners
- (月) 03:11:07|
- Category: None